Monday, December 3, 2012

Scanxiety

Well, tomorrow I am heading to Stanford for my 3 month check up and PET/CT scan. I always have a roller coaster of emotions before this day. I feel elated to have survived....and I am so SCARED of the cancer returning all in one. The cold hard facts about cancer are that some people do not make it through treatments. Some people do die. It is an ugly disease, in any form it comes in, and it robs families of loved ones.

BUT, there are many of us who have beaten the odds! Many of us who fought hard, are fighting, and have made it through the bald-sick days of cancer. We are here and we will keep on KEEPING ON!

I want to end on a positive note. It is true, I try to live for NOW and have more fun. I try to not put up with mean people. I spend time with my family and hug them more. I reach for my dreams and take time to paint and listen to music and cook yummy food. I go to the movies!  I am not sure what the future holds, I hope mine continues to be NED...but I will keep my chin up and smile more!

Peace Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment