Sunday, January 31, 2016

Ripple

My husband loves the Grateful Dead and listens to them often.  One of their songs that I love is Ripple. The following lyrics reminds me of battling cancer.

There is a road, no simple highway
Between the dawn and the dark of night
And if you go no one may follow
That path is for your steps alone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=671AgW9xSiA



Battling cancer is a family affair as entire families face doctors, hospital stays, side effects, and FEAR death. Yet, in the dark of night the patient is the one to face this fight.

I remember nights, when everyone was sleeping, if I woke up I would cry. I would cry for my family watching me fight. I would cry for the thought of leaving them.  The path of facing death was mine alone to face.  

I cannot tell you how much it meant to know I had so many people praying for me!  My family was a ROCK of support and I will ALWAYS be grateful to them.  

I pray for those laying in hospital beds now, laying in bed now, feeling so sick you don't know how your are going to get yourself to the bathroom. And you don't want to lose that one ability to walk yourself to the toilet..... you are tired of asking for help.... and you are tired of feeling so tired.

This is my shout out to you that while you feel the steps are for you alone you have people you have never met praying for you!  While you and your body are fighting and you do need to face the treatment physically alone.... you have an army of prayers coming your way!!  


THANKS to my Mom for always being there during the sleepless nights when I cried. I was never really alone. 
 

Listen to Ripple  =  Ripple

No comments:

Post a Comment