Monday, November 2, 2015

diagnosed & parenthood

The other night my lovely 18 year old daughter came to see me before I fell asleep. She has been dealing with the new world of being a grown up and wanted to discuss some things. She looked at me and said, "what if you are not here?"

I paused....

"What do you mean? I am here!"

Then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

"Do you mean the cancer?" OF COURSE she meant the F-ing cancer!!

What if she needs me and I am not here to help.

Cancer is a horrible thing to face and even more horrible to tell the ones you love you are sick. I cried my eyes out for my daughter especially when I received the diagnosis


I did not want to leave my daughter but I had to and I lived down in southern cal for treatments and I did not know if I would ever return home.

My new melahomie Lisa Butler is fighting stage 4 melanoma with 3 small children at home.
My other new melahomie Aine is stage 4 and HER mother is as well!!

Telling my daughter I had cancer was the worst thing I have ever had to do. It is also why I fought so hard.

To all those mother's out there, keep fighting!

To Lisa, I am so proud every time I see you post your smiling face and I now this has not been easy for you.

To my daughter, I AM SO PROUD of you!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Steph! Your daughter is so blessed to have you. I'm so grateful that you're my friend. ❤ You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete