Sunday, October 6, 2013

Everyday Life

I was cleaning my kitchen this morning, and I was thinking about how, like all other Moms, I sometimes get annoyed at doing chores....then I remember not being able to hardly walk 6 feet to a bathroom. I am here, I am doing my chores, I am cooking for my family, I am laughing with my daughter at silly animal videos on Youtube....

In 2011, I did not know if I was going to survive.


My life today is somewhat normal....we are back to normal routines of school, cooking, and laundry. The daily activities that fill so many houses...yet in our house, there is the memory of facing cancer. My husband and I are very good friends and we were discussing how we feel we are just now recovering from the shock of cancer, losing our home, and moving. Along with that, our daughter suffered severe depression and we almost lost her to suicide. 2011 was a doozy of a BAD YEAR for the Bowen Family.

Why do I bring this up? Why do I continue to post pictures of myself sick and fighting cancer....why?

I know there are people out there right now, fighting some kind of cancer. It may not be melanoma, it may be breast cancer, ovarian cancer, or lung cancer. I am here to share HOPE for those fighting. I am here to let people know that some of us live after a death sentence was handed down. I pray DAILY for those who are actively fighting this UGLY - UGLY disease: CANCER.

My life will always have the before cancer time and the after cancer time. I will do my best to be thankful for today, to be grateful I can stand and clean the kitchen and chop veggies for a delicious soup for my family.

And if my test results came back and I had a recurrence, I would fight like hell again. I certainly hope I do not have to do that...but I am a FIGHTER!

I am grateful for all my melahomies out there....while we have not met in person, I know you are all praying that my tests indicate I am still NED.


No comments:

Post a Comment