Sunday, September 25, 2016

CHANGED

Those of us who have been through cancer are forever changed.  Family members who watch treatments and were caregivers are changed.... patients who lost their hair are changed... and we DO VIEW the world differently.

For me, I try to remember that being here is a MIRACLE and by the GRACE OF GOD I survived a horribly toxic treatment...biochemotherapy. As I make contact with a new cancer center to set up my checkups I realize I will be again telling the story to a new physician.

Telling how I almost died brings tears to my eyes as I can remember being in the hospital bed looking at the skyline of Los Angeles and slowly being poisoned to death in order to kill the melanoma. I remember barely being able to walk 5 feet to the bathroom and not eating for 2 weeks. I remember the look in my family's eyes as I fought. FEAR & SADNESS & HOPE all mixed together as WE ALL faced the FIGHT TOGETHER.

NOW, I do my best to support others in the fight. I paint my angel cards and reach out.... I also take a break from the cancer community as it is HEART BREAKING when we lose one of our melahomies. AND this happens more often than I WANT to mention.

CHANGE...

Cancer did TEACH me to not accept unacceptable behavior... LIFE IS TOO SHORT
Cancer did TEACH me to GO FOR IT!  You never know when you will get the opportunity again.

CANCER DID TEACH ME TO FIND JOY IN AS MANY THINGS AS POSSIBLE AND LAUGH MORE!!  

At the end, all you have is your dignity, integrity and memories....  love the ones in your life and LAUGH MORE OFTEN.



No comments:

Post a Comment