Saturday, August 30, 2014

More Angels in the ranks of heaven

This last week the melanoma community lost more of our warriors to the ugly disease that TOO many people call "just skin cancer." Tears flowed down my face and I went to work with red-red eyes.... When asked how I felt, I simply said...fine.


I did not feel fine. I felt heart broken, guilty, and ANGRY.  I felt heart broken for the young people who have lost their lives, fighting until the last breath.... Jillian, Adrienne, Michaela,  Elisa, Addison, Brianna, Tina, and SO MANY MORE!!!  TOO MANY YOUNG WOMAN!! Too many joing the ranks of angels.

Their families now live without them.  I wondered why did I survive a death sentence of stage IV metastatic melanoma?  How on earth did I survive 5 rounds of biochemo?? & WHY didn't these women also receive biochemo?? (It was HORRIBLE, but saved my life.)  

&  I FEEL PISSED OFF THEY ARE GONE.  PISSED OFF AT CANCER AND PISSED OFF AT TANNING AND THE MISUNDERSTANDINGS OF THIS PREVENTABLE DISEASE.

ok, BIG SIGH......AHHHHHH


That is why I tell people what happened to me.... so maybe they can also spread the word to someone who tans....so maybe someone who has NO HOPE can have hope..... so more people can get it through their thick skulls that melanoma is DEADLY and we need more awareness.  & maybe along the way my story helps someone.... so I bare my soul about the cancer experience I had.... & pray I do not have again.  & I pray for those who lost loved ones and for those who are fighting.... because melanoma is such a dark beast.
me, early 2011
me again, after 4 or 5 rounds of biochemo.... T
This is what  fighting"just skin cancer" looks like.  

My story:

http://www.amazon.com/Journey-With-Melanoma-Stephanie-Bowen-ebook/dp/B00AEIH9SO

( I do not share this for financial gain.... I share for  a need to spread awareness & HOPE..... )

ps, on a side note, I do know some people are sick and tired of my cancer story....don't care, I will continue to share a message of HOPE and spread awareness.

HUGS to ALL who happen upon my little blog. 

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment