Saturday, June 21, 2014

Another Summer Hiding from the Sun

As I enter my 3rd year of NED, I know I can only look forward. I need to look forward and forget the painful moments of the last 3 years.  I need to let go of the pain  from almost dying from cancer & the turmoil it caused my family. The pain from losing our beloved cabin and leaving a place I loved....because the most important thing is I lived.

Whenever I see someone who is fighting cancer, I want to hug them and tell them I KNOW, I know the pain of the fight!! I know the fear of facing death. I KNOW these things intimately, yet I hold back and remember that I am alive and today is a day to enjoy and not dwell on the past.

Everyday I know there are people fighting the BEAST. There is Adrienne in Canada, fighting melanoma with all she has!! There is Michaela in LAs Vegas.... also fighting with all her soul. There are many more as my online support group grows every day.... and I HATE IT.

Today, I will hide from the sun, under my wide brim hat and under my sun shirt... I will slather on the sunscreen.  I will watch all the really TAN people and want to yell at the top of the LUNGS, "TANNING IS NOT HEALTHY!!"


Today I will hide from the sun and HONOR those who did not beat the beast, like Jilllian & Tina and the many others.  BECAUSE, I am a SURVIVOR. Bless those who are fighting any type of cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment