Monday, February 17, 2014


I want to send a HUGE hug out to those who are actively fighting melanoma. It was 3 years ago that I was completing my 3rd cycle of bio chemo. It was the most painful medical experience of my life. I was SO sick and would hardly eat for 10 days. At the time I did not know it had been 10 days without food. I was bald and skinny and weak. My goal during the treatments were to just be able to make it the bathroom on my own. That 6 foot walk from my bed to the bathroom was SO FAR. I tried to walk down the hall daily, but found this extremely difficult.

Yesterday I went cross county skiing  for an hour. What a difference a couple years makes!

My message this morning is for that it took me a while to get back to my old self. It is not easy to get through melanoma treatments and it HURTS. It hurts physically and mentally. Stats for the disease give me a 15% chance of surviving 5 years. That means there is a 85% chance of dying. WOW  I am here despite these odds, at about 2 years 8 months from my surgery.

If you are in the throws of the fight, know that others of us Have done this!!! WE are MIRACLES  and we are changing the statistics. WE ARE BEATING THE ODDS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment