Friday, July 24, 2020

Hate you melanoma

Well, I am officially 9 years out from my last cancer treatment!


is 

And while I am stoked, I am very sad today to hear a melahomie 
is now on hospice care. This young man has been fighting since I was declared NED, No Evidence of Disease. He has 2 young children and a beautiful wife. He has co-sponsored an organization called Stage Free Melanoma and spearheaded a melanoma bus so that people can get free skin checks and stay stage free of melanoma. He is truly a warrior and an advocate for melanoma awareness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUlPcwiouaM&t=7s







I send prayers for peace as this family goes through the process of saying goodbye. I am going to be grateful to have met him and his family and know he is heading to heaven. Please know that melanoma is so much more than "just skin cancer." 

No comments:

Post a Comment